Team Fruit|Fruit|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cs2D clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

server problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
M&M3

M&M3

server problems Empty
PostSubject: server problems   server problems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Hey guys something funny happen i dont wanna explain now but many servers are now on standard settings. would be nice if fruits with rcon could help me to configure them back to the old settings
example: |fruit| shotgun is now on on old settings with de_dust + fow
now make it to aim_shotgunv2 and turn fow off
well done!
some servers still n standard settings...
Back to top Go down
M&M3

M&M3

server problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: server problems   server problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 pm

banaan:

Alright I'll explain it all:

This morning, I found out what had actually happened. Apparently, a failed Turkish hacker had attempted to DDOS 62.75.191.62, the IP address of the servers (he was probably banned from a server or something). But since it was a miserable hacker who just downloaded a random tool from the internet (probably stuffed with Trojans, worms and other viruses), he didn't even manage to give the server a hard time. That was on the 15th of December 2010.

A few days ago, I found out that the SMTP server (for outgoing e-mail messages) was bugged - it kept sending messages with a malformed return path (anonymous@cs2d.) so all messages were rejected by the receivers. I tried to resolve that by updating the system (along with the SMTP server), but I couldn't update the system either. Solution: update OS and manually update the system. When that was finally done (yesterday evening) the SMTP server was still bugged, so I had to uninstall it and install another one.

After the system was updated, I had to edit some server settings, for which the system needed to be restarted a few times, constantly killing and starting the servers.

Hopefully, everything is set as desired now and further downtime will not occur anymore.

thats why we had so many problems with the servers in the last days. im very sorry
Back to top Go down
Banaan

server problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: server problems   server problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:03 am

I am terribly sorry for the problems that have been going on lately. Apparently, not everything is set as desired yet, but I am constantly monitoring what is going on (going through hundreds of megabytes of log files).

--> Okay while writing this I've found the problem: me trying to solve the problem was actually the problem itself :S

Another thing I will try doing is making sure the servers are no longer running directly under psa and will therefore not (or barely) be affected by any system modifications.

Once again my sincere apologies. I will try to compensate the downtime.

P.S: M&M3 you needed a Lua script to ban a person on all servers at once right? Gonna write it tomorrow. Hope that's enough compensation, otherwise I'll directly start on easier uploading of files Razz
Back to top Go down
M&M3

M&M3

server problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: server problems   server problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 am

oh its ok i dont think you need to write that i think it will cause to many lags(maybe).
Back to top Go down
Max

server problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: server problems   server problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:46 pm

It used to in the fruitpapje servers but now there's a script that only lags once in a week at midnight Wink.
After a reboot your settings will go back to the settings mentioned in the server.cfg file. If you put the right settings there it'll be less work to change them after a crash or normal reboot.
Back to top Go down
M&M3

M&M3

server problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: server problems   server problems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:57 pm

well i dont like to many luas on my servers. but i also dont like to many hackers on my servers. maybe i switch some to usgn only. but im scared of it and its to easy for hackers just to make a new account ;-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

server problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: server problems   server problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

server problems
Page 1 of 1